So, even my mom knows they announced the cast list for Star Wars Episode VII, so I figure you've all squeed/groaned over them (according to inclination) already. Me, I've never heard of any of the new guys, so I don't have any strong feelings. It did, however, get me thinking on what I'd like to see from the new movie in general. So, here I go, just in case anyone's listening. ;)
1. If there MUST be only one new female character (I know, I know, but Mako killed it all by herself in Pacific Rim, so you never know), make her the heart of the story. Don't give me yet another fantasy world that sits me down and tells me I only matter as eye candy. 'Cause I'm some slagging horrible eye candy. I'm the candy corn of eye candy.
2. Leia uses Force powers. And I mean does something amazing with them, not just makes something float or whatever. Doesn't have to be a battle-magic kind of thing, just - fulfill the promise Luke made when he told Leia "you'll learn to use it as I have."
3. Anakin's ghost still hanging around. Yeah, I know, I know, but imagine what a great perspective that would be for the good guys to have access to - like a Dark Side consultant. 'Cause you KNOW there's gonna be Sith Lords. Hell, imagine Anakin being a professor for the new crop of baby Jedi. :D
4. A sense of humor, dammit.
5. No bikinis. None. I do not want a whole new generation's worth of "but it's actually EMPOWERING!!!" No. We have had ONE harem outfit in this fandom, people, unless you're willing to stick one of the men in the slave garb this time I don't wanna hear it anymore.
6. Some decent worldbuilding. Sure, explosions are nice, but give me some nice chewy sociology in my sci-fi.
How 'bout y'all? Anything you're hoping to see? Any big NOPEs?