|raisedbymoogles (raisedbymoogles) wrote,|
@ 2007-12-11 00:06:00
|Current music:||Finnegan's Wake - Brobdingnagian Bards|
|Entry tags:||cartoons, television, transformers|
Well. This has the potential to not suck.
Not sure how Official this is, but it looks impressive enough.
As you can see, a pretty standard opening sequence for a TF series: the 'Cons chase the 'Bots through an asteroid field, Starscream has gotten his Master's degree in obsequiousness but still finds time to pursue his 'rampant treachery' hobby, token hawt chick. No surprises here, really, but it's at least well-executed (making allowances for the quality of the clip). Other observations:
- I'm used to Teen Titans, so the overall art style doesn't bug me even if I'm still not sold on the Autobots' designs. Optimus especially is rather on the ugly side.
- However, David Kaye does an excellent job on Optimus's voice. Recognizably Authoritative Good Guy, but he doesn't sound like every other Optimus out there. I approve of this.
- Bumblebee seems to have attended the Rattrap School of Pessimism.
- Megatron is suitably impressive. *hums* And his ship mode... zomg.
- Teletraan-1 seems to have a mind of its own. This could be a source of conflict.